About Us

Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Today's Thought: 
Friday's Child is Loving and Giving

My first post to my first blog starts with this New Year's Resolutions.  Perhaps if I post them, I will keep them.  I am activity driven...in need of goals to keep me on track.


RESOLUTIONS FOR 2010, My 71st Year
  • Create and enter something daily to a blog
  • Update my Homestead website
  • Finish my double wedding ring quilt begun in 1990; 20 years in the making.
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Complete Collage Photo  albums: Dad, Mom, Home, University, California, Arizona
  • Incorporate water color and calligraphy in collage work and ATC's

Books:  I am stuck in the Regency Period, Romance Genre.  I have always loved historical fiction and I find that the writers of romance in that period and also the Georgian Period are very good at their research. 

My Favorite author is Mary Balogh.  She has set the current bar for this period genre. Of course, the early writer that is the standard is Georgette Heyer.


 I tend to read all books by an author and am five books away from completing Mary's backlist.  I am also working on Barbara Metzger's backlist.  Metzger writes the same genre with a humorous slant.  You can't help laughing at some of the stories and situations.  Other Regency Romance authors that I read and keep up with their series books are: Jo Beverley, Stephanie Laurens, Madeline Hunter, Lisa Kleypas.

Past authors not of the Regency period that I have read are: Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux, Lillian Jackson Braun and her "Cat Who..." books and Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Actually the author that led my on my trip through the Regency Period is a mystery writer, M. C. Beaton, and her Hamish MacBeth series.  A series based on her book was on the BBC.  She wrote a series of books that take place during the Regency Period under the name of Marion Chesney. I read those books and haven't stopped since.  Although I do take a detour once in a while to read some mysteries. Not all authors have their own websites.  A good website to find different authors and their backlist and current releases is: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

BBC Series:  When I quilt, I love to watch BBC mystery series DVDs.  My favorites are:  The Midsomer Murders http://www.midsomermurders.net/, Inspector Lynley, Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple

I now close this post for today.  More to come...

Esmee Lynne


No comments:

Post a Comment