About Us

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lowcountry Summer

Lowcountry Summer: A Plantation NovelLowcountry Summer: 
A Plantation Novel
by Dorothea Benton Frank


 I actually read only 50 pages of this book.  I chose to read this book as a download test for my new Nook.  I thought I would try a book that was not my usual fare. I found that I did not like the change.


I prefer "soft" mysteries and romance, both historical and certain authors writing contemporary stories. I also like some non-fiction: self-help, inspirational, how-to's, arts and crafts. I used to like biographies, but now it seems that all new ones are written by or about people that lived during my lifetime. I read about their lives then and don't want to read about them again.


I know that Dorothea Benton Frank is a popular author in the General Fiction Genre. I work at the library and shelve Fiction books. Her books are continually checked out and I reshelve them daily.


I know that was more information than you needed, but I needed to say it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment