About Us

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE FIFTH AGREEMENT by Miguel Ruiz

The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-MasteryThe Fifth Agreement: 
A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery 
by Miguel Ruiz  
My rating: 3 of 5 stars




The Four Agreements
See Feb. 10, 2010 Post
Skip The Four Agreements 
Go directly to The Fifth Agreement!
You get all Five Agreements for the price of one!


1. Be impeccable with your word-
Never use the power of the word against yourself.


2. Don’t take anything personally-
All humans live in their own world, in their own movie/story/dream and you in yours.


3. Don’t make assumptions-
Most assumptions are not the truth; they are fiction.

4. Always do your best-The only thing you can “do”; 
the first three will naturally follow.


5. Be skeptical and listen for the truth-When you listen, 
you start to understand the story-both yours and theirs.


The message I heard:
I am two people: one that came into the world with a mission to share, the “real” me. After I got messages from all the people that helped me grow into an adult, I became the “virtual” me, a mixture of all those people's messages that I assumed were the truth.


Now I have to go back to the “real” me to find my mission. The one that was lost in all of confusion of other people's messages. The messages that may or may not have been true for me. I can do this by practicing these five agreements. I can get past the “virtual” me and back to the “real” me. When I do, I can share my mission.


Read the book, you may get a different message(s).


Read all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment