About Us

Friday, August 6, 2010

Back on the Road Again Colorado No. 44

State 44 of my countdown of my U.S. Odyssey...is:


Colorado









I first visited Colorado in the 1960's. I visited Estes Park a couple of times then and again the in the 70's and most recently in 2009.  It is one of my favorite places.  These postcards of Estes Park are from the 60's. 


In 1974 I attended International Banking School at the University of Colorado in Boulder. 



In case you don't recognize me, I'm in the middle...the one with the big hair.  (What can I say? I'm from the South!)






 I decided right then that if I had to live any place other than Arkansas, one of the States would be Colorado.  The Rockies are breathtaking.  You are looking at Long's Peak on the ATC.


We have been to Colorado in the past few years since our daughter and two grandchildren live outside Denver.  It is special to us.


Added Note: I always suspected that Colorado was the State where the "competent" people disappeared in "Atlas Shrugged".) 

No comments:

Post a Comment