About Us

Sunday, October 2, 2011

CBS Sunday Morning

Just finished watching CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood...my Sunday morning ritual.  It is on from 8am to 9:30am Central Time. Until November 6 it is "daylight" time-after that we are back on "Standard" time.

Friends recommended this show to us several years ago.  We have been devoted fans ever since.  I pass the recommendation on to you!

Lady Antebellum...two guys and a gal
Today's show-as is every show-had a little history, a little inspiration, a little humor, and something current.  I found myself reminiscing over the past; smiling at the humor; and admiring the inspiring lives of famous and not so famous people.   Oh, and patting my foot and singing along with Lady Antebellum, the "something current" segment. 

I got a little teary-eyed today over the John Wayne segment.  I paid money to see his movies and don't remember him as the great icon as he is remembered today.  




I really admire Tyra Banks and her journey from girlhood to model to student at Harvard Business School.  She seems to be very up front with people.  I like it when people are comfortable and gracious in their honesty.

Mike Mullen, 
retiring Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair





Norris..a little girl from Little Rock
and Norman Mailer
and Norris Church Mailer 
 seem to fall in that category, as well.

...and what's not to like about "Our Gang" and Spanky?

All of these stories and more...You can find videos of them all on this link:  CBS Sunday Morning, Oct. 2, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment