About Us

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Maisie Dobbs (#1 and #2)

1st in Series
Maisie Dobbs 
by Jacqueline Winspear


My rating: 4 of 5 stars




I have found a new Mystery series that I really like.  Thanks to one the patron's at the branch library where I work for recommending it to me. This is the  first book of series and takes place during and right after WWI.  Maisie is a Psychologist and Investigator with a little ESP talent, so there is a fun side to the story.  Sounds like a good TV series to me.

2nd in the Series

I have already finished the second book in the series, Birds of A Feather. It is just as good as the first one. I can see a plot pattern developing, but it doesn't distract from the mystery and suspense. There is a lot of verbiage meant to educate the reader. However, it is woven into the thread of the story.  In other words, the story does not stop for you to learn some bit of history or how to do something. Now, on to the next book: Pardonable Lies. 


Since I have been stuck in the Regency period for several years,  the Maisie Dobbs Mysteries are a refreshing change.  I'll return the favor of our library patron and recommend Maisie to you!


View all my reviews on goodreads.com



No comments:

Post a Comment