About Us

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fashion in the Time of Jane Austen

Fashion in the Time of Jane Austen 


by Sarah-Jane Downing                   Four Stars


I found this book by accident when I was checking in books at the library (my part time job).  It caught my attention because I am passionate about the Regency Period in England...maybe being classified as an Anglophile.   I even "like" the British Monarchy on Facebook.


I love this little book...63 pages. It is full of illustrations and text that relates them to Jane Austen books and the Period, in general.  If you are an Anglophile, you might enjoy this book...maybe you have already found it...and I am a little behind?


For those of you that follow me for my book reviews I do apologize for the lack of posts.  I have to admit that actually I love to read the genre "Regency Romance".  I claim to love it for the history...that is true...but I also love the romance and the happy endings, but sometimes I am hesitant to post them.  Confession time is over. (read between the lines...)  I will get over it.  I keep thinking I'll get over it.  


I got through my "Mystery Genre" phase.  I'll sneak one in every once in a while, but I am pretty much "over" it.  




We watch some DVDs,
 Midsomer Murders 
and Wallander.















I promise to post more book reviews.  I usually read an average of six "fast-read" books a month. (see above :)  At the same time I also read a Non-Fiction book.  I can only absorb actual facts in small doses.  The Non-Fiction that I am now reading is Mad Madge , The Extraordinary Life Of Margaret Cavendish, Duchess of Newcastle, The First Woman To Live By Her Pen.  I am about 2/3 the way through.  When I finish, I will be posting my review.  So far, I am really loving it.  Stay tuned...........  




View all my reviews  on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment