About Us

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Beehive State No. 35

ATC to commemorate
No. 35 of 50 States*
Utah is Salt Lake City to me.  


I have been there twice and that's the only city that I have visited for any length of time...one time in 1977 and another in 2000 for a National Space Grant Conference.












There  is no describing Salt Lake City.  You almost have to go there to believe it.  












The 2000 Winter Olympics were held there.  Some of the events were held in Park City.  We visited some these sites during the Conference.  There was no snow so they used water at the ski jump area for practice sessions.  








The main attractions for me were The Temple The Mormon Tabernacle Choir , The Mormon Tabernacle Choir in rehearsal and a small out of the way Garden, that can only be called an "Inspiration".  


Woman
Click here for a
Gallery of the Statues
Do not miss The Sculpture Garden at the Temple Headquarters in honor of Ages of Women.  I walked through the Garden both times that I went.  It is a lovely place for just wandering and being quiet.

The first time I went we drove out to the Great Salt Flats.



Current Picture
 from Google Images
Hope you can make it out...just at the edge "LYNN".
I spell my name Lynne...hmmm!  
  

















It was really an unusual experience for me.  As we drove up to the edge of the viewing area, I looked down in the salt and saw my name embedded there...it wasn't spelled as mine, but it was close enough!  

My Salt Lake Photo Gallery 

Taken in 1977

Woman in Prayer
1977
  
2000
2000



2000



Note: For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
 I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
 I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
 the 50 States. 

1 comment:

  1. The place looks very historical, good thing people preserves it.

    ReplyDelete