About Us

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

There Comes a Time...



The Time is Now! --- 


Time to resolve for 2011! --- jumping in "feet first"! 


 Here goes...

No. 1  Actively Blog on my "Tips 'n Good Stuff" Blog...and certainly continue my other two Blogs:
PLAID Pages, a journal and Eating In and Out and About.  I know all my friends label me "Over Achiever".  So, I love to Blog why not do what I love doing?


Work in Progress
for 20 years-2010
Walling Hanging
Vintage Fabrics and
Embellishments
Started 2010
No. 2  Finish my Quilts that are "almost" there and start on some more that are in the drawer waiting for their turn...know in the Quilt World as "UFOs".








See My Post
9-25-10
No. 3  Continue to downsize...My inspiration is "Throw Out Fifty Things" ...In 2010 I got to No. 8.  I am aiming for 17 more in 2011.  That will put me half-way through.  I am adding No. 9 today:  Delivered unused Christmas Decorations to Goodwill and the Library...reducing my 10 boxes to 5.








A Valentine Book
for Chuck...all the Valentines
he sent me over 30 years
into a blank book from
sale table at
Barnes and Noble
No. 4  Arts and Crafts will always be on my list.  I discovered I have done something "crafty" all of my life so why stop now.  I have a list of albums to make using old coffee table books and blank journals instead of "bought" picture albums or scrapbooks.  In the list for 2011 is:  Arizona, California, San Francisco, "Grant" a tribute to my Dad and one for my Mom....and the list goes on and on.  I will do them as I am inspired. 
Love Lost and Found
 I also love altering 
old "paint-by-number" 
pictures picked up over 
the years from flea markets 
and thrift stores.




No. 5  Start an "Art Journal".  For some reason I woke up on New Year's Day 2011 thinking I wanted to see if I could draw.  I like Calligraphy so I want to draw with pen and ink using watercolor wash as a background.  My daughter sent me the perfect book for my Journal...maybe that's what triggered this urge?


No. 6 Lose 10 pounds-always resolved to keep me on the straight and narrow.  I weigh and measure at the beginning of every month and use a combination of "calorie counting" and "limiting my carbohydrates" to maintain and hopefully to lose... admittedly not always successful but maintaining ...like 2010.  Also, Chuck and I swim, do weights, walk on the track or treadmill, and take a Yoga class as least one time a week at the Jim Dailey Fitness Center.


Six is Enough, don't ya think?---


In the words of Porky Pig---


 "Th-th-th-that's all folks!"


Stayed Tuned for Updates

No comments:

Post a Comment