About Us

Saturday, June 5, 2010

50 States in 50 years! Done!

I can now officially say that I have been in, to, or through all of the 50 United States.  It took my 50 years, but I did it!  The last State was Wisconsin.  I didn't think it would happen.  It almost didn't.  




Chuck and I went to Chicago for an early celebration of our 25th Wedding Anniversary which will be official in August.  We took the Union Pacific North from Chicago to Kenosha.  When we reached Waukegan, Illinois, the train trip was aborted due to water over the tracks.  I thought that was it.  I wouldn't do it in my lifetime.  However, never say die!  We rented a car and drove to Kenosha; visited the Visitor's Center; ate lunch and drove back to Waukegan to catch the train back to Chicago.  What a day!  What a trip!  At least, many trips over the 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment