About Us

Sunday, February 4, 2018

South Dakota No. 13 of 50 States*

Artist Trading Card

I have actually been to South Dakota two times. Once in the 60's or 70's. It was a 'pass through' trip on the way home from California. We took time to stop at Mount Rushmore and the 'Chapel in the Hills' west of Rapid City. It is a full size replica of the famous 800 year old Borgund Stavkirke (Stave Church) in Norway.



Mount Rushmore 1977



Arkansas Flag at Mount Rushmore


Chapel of the Hills



Mount Rushmore 20 years later
The main difference was the addition of
the Visitor's Center and Flag display. 













The next time I went was in 1997 for a National Space Grant Conference in Rapid City. My boss and I were representing the Arkansas Space Grant Consortium. It was a great trip. We actually had a day trip to see the Black Hills.











*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
the 50 States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment