About Us

Saturday, February 10, 2018

MYSTERY IS IN THE AIR

I have been reading my way through three mystery series. All were recommended by library patrons where I volunteer. I am recommending them to you. It's best to start at the first of each series. I have given you my review of the first book of each of the series. If your library doesn't have these, check out Amazon.com


First recommendation: Martha Grimes, author       Richard Jury,  Scotland Yard

The Man With a Load of Mischief (Richard Jury, #1)The Man With a Load of Mischief 
                                                                      My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a new series for me. A patron of the library recommended Martha Grimes and her character Richard Jury. It is another historical mystery set in England. I have always been a fan of Agatha Christie and M. C. Beaton. I love mysteries set in England. I look forward to reading my way to the latest one.

Second Series: David Rosenfelt, author    Andy Carpenter, Lawyer

Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter #1)Open and Shut  
                       My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Found a new series to read. Library patrons have been recommending 'Andy Carpenter' for quite a while. I will admit with the first for the series I was more interested in the mystery than the characters. I am hoping I will 'get' them as the series proceeds.


Third Recommendation: Charles Todd, Author   Ian Rutledge, Scotland Yard

A Test of Wills (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #1)A Test of Wills  
             My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been reading Charles Todd's "Bess Crawford" series. I thought I would check out his "Ian Rutledge" Series. Ian Rutledge is an Inspector with Scotland Yard. I can relate to him and how he goes about solving a mystery better than I can relate to Bess Crawford. He is a professional while she just happened to have some knowledge that might help the professionals. The Ian Rutledge character equates more to John Barnaby in Caroline Graham's Midsomer Murders or Colin Dexter's Inspector Lewis. I am switching to Ian Rutledge.

View all my reviews on Goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment