About Us

Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm Behind....

It's catch-up time!  I honestly do not know where my time goes!  Obviously, not to posting to my blog.  I find that if I don't post when the inspiration hits, it fades over time.  All that said, I missed my blog and am going to make it up to myself.  This is just the first...more to come!

Books I have read since I last made contact:

Along Came A Duke (Rhymes with Love, #1)Along Came A Duke by Elizabeth Boyle 
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This has to be one of the silliest books I have read in a long time. I think it was supposed to be funny, but fell way short. The story line and the hero, heroine, and their cast of characters were fine, but the thread that tied them together was not. Of course, now that I know the characters I will have to read the next installment. I guess I am just curious to see if this saga can be redeemed. I marked it 'ok' because of the characters and the plot. There have been a lot of 'silly' books in this genre lately. If this is the trend, then I am going to find a new genre or start rereading the earlier Regency books.

Sprig Muslin
1956 Ace Star
Edition...
No ISBN nos.
Sprig Muslin by Georgette Heyer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book is 'ok'...only because it is by Georgette Heyer. I love reading her books because the language, history, and setting seem to be more authentic. This book was not 'ok' because it was so silly. It read like a farcical play with the characters moving on and off the stage at an alarming rate. As the story progressed more characters were added to complicate an already complicated plot. At least the ending had a wonderful twist to it which made the reading of it palatable.

Hint not a 'spoiler': What goes around comes around!



I also read 'The Turner Series' by Courtney Milan
Unveiled (Turner, #1)
UnlockedUnclaimed (Turner, #2)




This is when I got really behind on posting to Goodreads.  I posted no review, but added them to my 'Read' list.  The only impression I have is that they were 'ok'.  After looking at other reviews which were 4 and 5 stars, I think I am going to have to reread them? 







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment