About Us

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Maisie Dobbs (#9)

Elegy for Eddie 
by Jacqueline Winspear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, I have caught up with Ms. Winspear and the publication of the Maisie Dobbs series. I looked on her web site and didn't see if or when No. 10 would be published or even thought about. As it stands this series could end with this book. After all, it was about WWI and its aftermath. This book is on the brink of WWII. 

I felt a real closeness to Maisie Dobbs in this book. I could feel her pain when she realized that she could not save or even make the lives of her friends and associates better. She couldn't make them better as her definition of 'better' did not always mean it was their 'better'. Maybe it's time for Maisie to stop and smell the roses.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment