About Us

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Maisie Dobbs (#7)

The Mapping of Love and Death (Maisie Dobbs, #7)The Mapping of Love and Death
by Jacqueline Winspear
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It seems to me that the greater number of books in a series the more filler you have to wade through to get to the meat of the story. This Maisie Dobbs book was no exception. 

I liked the story and really connected to the characters of Maisie and her supporting cast of characters. However, I was given a complete run down of the other six books as if I hadn't read them. I understand that some readers pick up a book in the middle of the series and don't have a clue about the background. I would think they could be enticed to read/buy the previous books and find out for themselves. A lot of this book was educating me on the profession of a cartographer. Most of it was not pertinent to the story. 

I am looking forward to #8, 'A Lesson in Secrets', as the story line seems to be taking a turn as the book ends. Some threads were left hanging to entice me to continue on...and I will!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment