About Us

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Switching from Then to Now!

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor 
by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading Historical fiction, particularly Regency Romance, I decided to venture back into Contemporary Romance. I love to read Regency novels by Lisa Kleypas so I decided to start with her new venture into Contemporary fiction. It was a pleasant change. 

 Of course, her first venture was into a Christmas story so it was short and sweet, but I liked the change. The story line is refreshing and there are more to come in the series. 

The main thing that I don't get from reading a contemporary novel is the history or the feeling that I lived in a different time and place...kind of like time travel in my mind. Both genres have the basics: the scenery and customs of the place and relationships of the people. It's just that in contemporary there is only a reference to the past. I am not in it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment