About Us

Monday, September 19, 2011

Nancy Drew..Who Knew?

What is there not to like about a Nancy Drew mystery? I found this one in the sale room of my library and couldn't resist reading it for old times' sake. It was published in 1955 and has the yellow spine.  I cut my "reading" teeth on Nancy Drew mysteries...the blue ones published in the middle to late forty's. They hooked me for a lifetime of reading mysteries. 




Right now I am hooked on historical fiction, mainly the Regency Period in England.  However, I will always take a break and read the latest Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich.  Others that I enjoy are any Agatha Christie book, M.C. Beaton's, Hamish Macbeth and Lilian Jackson Braun's "Cat Who..." books.  A patron at the library where I work has recommended Anthony Eglin's, An English Garden Mystery series.  It is next on my list.


As you know, Nancy Drew has kept up with the culture and dress of the times. I will always prefer the Nancy Drew of my "time". 



 They are like comfort food which brings back memories of good times past.  I remember lying on my twin bed by an open window reading a Nancy Drew mystery until the end.  Times never change I still have trouble putting a book down until I find out how it ends. Ah-h-h-h!  I love remembering!

No comments:

Post a Comment