About Us

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

THE CAT WHO....

The Cat Who Went Bananas (Cat Who..., #27)
#27  
The Cat Who Went Bananas 
by Lilian Jackson Braun


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Yea! I finally reached my goal. I have now read 1-27 of "The Cat Who..." books. 


 As I read "....Went Bananas", I thought it seemed to be back on track. However, toward the end one character disappeared and we never heard of him again. Is he dead or did he fear for his life and run? The supposed villain died. We will never know if he was a villain or just wrongly accused.  A man and his wife died before the story began and there was no solution on this front either.


This is my stopping place. I will imagine my own ending for the series. Qwill and Polly continue their relationship; he continues his newspaper column and life-long friendship with its editor; and Koko and Yum-Yum live to a ripe old age before going to their reward in "pet" heaven.


There is a #28: "The Cat Who Dropped a Bombshell". I found it to be completely out of sync with the rest of the series. It seemed that someone was trying to wrap the series up and did so with horrific endings, in my opinion. I read on Wikipedia:Lilian Jackson Braun that the publisher had canceled the next book: "The Cat Who Smelled Smoke". Also, found a good blog with info about Ms. Braun, the series and the publisher. There was a place on the blog for comments. Several people shared theirs..


http://plattekilllibrary.wordpress.com


I can't promise, but I think this will be my last reading of "The Cat Who..."      Never say "Never"!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment