About Us

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A NEW FEATURE

Thought for the Day: 
Even God cannot change the past...Aristotle

Book Synopsis:  I have been wanting to do this for a while so here goes.  When I was working in the "real" world and not the "retired" world, I would often get an assignment from my boss...please read this book/article over the weekend and give me the "bottom" line on Monday.  I found out from these assignments there were a few "real" insights to be carried away from the book by me that were meaningful to me and my life.  From that time on I would narrow down the content to its most important thought(s) and record them in a journal.  The first book I am going to share with you was recorded in my journal on December 20, 2004.  I recommend you read the book and see what meaning it as for you and your life. 


The Four Agreements
Miguel Ruiz, 1997. 

Be impeccable with your word:  Speak with integrity.  Say only what  you mean.  Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.  Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.


Don't take anything personally:  Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.  When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

Don't make assumptions:  Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want to communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.  With just this one agreement, you can transform your life.

Always do your best:  Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.  Under any circumstance simply do your best.  You will avoid self-judgment, self -abuse and regret.

(If you want more information about this book and its author, refer to this website: Miguel Ruiz)

Pleasant dreams, Esmee Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment