About Us

Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Thought for the Day: 
Love is: The ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves, without any insistence that they satisfy you.






How do I love thee?
-Elizabeth Barret Browning to Robert Browning

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,-I love theee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!-and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.



Summum Bonum
-Robert Browning about Elizabeth

All the breath and the bloom of the
       year in the bag of one bee:
All the wonder and wealth of the mine in
       the heart of one gem:
In the core of one pearl all the shade and the
       shine of the sea:
Breath and bloom, shade and shine,-wonder,
      wealth, and-how far above them-
            Truth, that's brighter than gem,
            Trust, that's purer than pearl,-
Brightest truth, purest trust in the universe-
      all were for me
      In the kiss of one girl.


Have a very Happy Day!
Esmee Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment