About Us

Sunday, May 6, 2018

50 States in 50 Years Nos. 7 and 8*

Michigan and Ohio were part of  my 1976 Bicentennial Trip. We went in and out of these two states along with Kentucky on the way home from a two week trip. We were on a deadline to get back to Little Rock in time to go to work on Monday. 

We did take time to stop in each
of them to visit a couple of popular
tourist destinations. 







Canton, Ohio and the 'Professional Football Hall of Fame' was the first of these stops. I took this picture, but honestly do not remember what I saw there. I think my husband put this on our list of stops. 









I do remember
 the next stop-
 Dearborn Michigan
 at the Ford Museum
No doubt I was the one
 that put this on the list.

I loved it. 
The number of structures 
that had been razed 
and brought here 
for posterity 
was overwhelming.




Here are a couple of my favorites. 



The Museum tower is an exact replica of Independence Hall in Philadelphia, birthplace of American freedom. It even contains the mistakes made in the original building. It was dedicated in 1929 by Thomas Edison.









Rose Cottage was originally nestled in the Cotswold Hills of England. It is a 17th century limestone cottage. The Coswold district is a land of sheepraisers.









*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
I can now say that I have been in, to, or through all 50 United States.
I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
the 50 States. 




No comments:

Post a Comment