About Us

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Coming Out of Retirement

Okay, my friends are right. I have failed at 'Retirement'. I am working harder than I ever did in the 'Real' world. The 8am-5pm five days a week world was a piece of cake. 


My Heritage Quilt
Double Wedding Ring
Hand-pieced/Hand-quilted
When I retired in 2005, I had a bucket-list of things I wanted to do that I didn't have time to do when I 'worked'. The problem is that there are too many things on the list. In order to get them done I have to change my mind set. Therefore, I am no longer retired. I am working as always, but my hours vary from day to day. However, I am working not retiring. My work is different. I volunteer at the library, quilt, paint, sell stuff on Etsy, blog, and read. The only way I can get it all done is to work at it.

Garvan Woodland Gardens
Hot Springs, Arkansas






We even take vacations from retirement. 
Sometimes it's a day-trip. 


Crystal Bridge Museum of American Art
Bentonville, Arkansas

Sometimes it's a longer trip to visit family or enjoy each others company.  














I already feel better. I spent today checking things off my list and still had time to read, watch a little (very little) TV, exercise, and nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment