About Us

Monday, June 13, 2016

Oh Maryland, My Maryland No. 21 of 50 *

As close as I could get
to Nora Roberts.
She wasn't in the day
we stopped at Turn the Page.
Maryland is one of the States that I have been in and through.  I have been in once and through once.  The first time I stayed in College Park during the Bicentennial Celebration, 1976.  I took the Bicentennial Bus into Washington, D. C. and toured all of the Celebration venues.  I had been to Washington one other time so I am not sure where I went and what I saw.  What I do remember is the bus ride back to College Park.  Unfortunately I stayed long enough to miss the Bicentennial bus so had to take the local just as people were getting off work.  It was crowded and we stopped at every stop and let people off.  I think I last off. It took more that two hours to get to my destination-not a good memory to end a wonderful day.

The second time I went through Maryland on the way to Maine in 2014. We stopped at Boonsboro, home of 'Turn the Page Bookstore', Nora Roberts bookstore.  
Bummer, she wasn't there, but I did the next best thing.  I had my picture taken beside a life-size replica.  They had it set up for the picture.  I guess I wasn't the only one that missed Nora.
We wondered around town and checked out the Inn BoonsBoro.  It was featured in her 'The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy'.  Visitors were not permitted-only guests.  I left a little disappointed, but glad I stopped. Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors so passing by Boonsboro was not an option.


*For my "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
the 50 States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment