About Us

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Thinking of my Father today*...

He took me everywhere
with him before I had
to go to school!
I loved it! Can you tell
by the smile?
...on this Father's Day*
He was Daddy until I thought it wasn't cool. Then, he became Dad! 
He'll always be my Daddy!


Dad on Jasper's knee with Lucy
and his older sister, Edna,
who died of a fever not long after.



















He was born, William Idus  to Lucy and Jasper Grant in Dover, Arkansas, USA, on December 29, 1907.  He left us almost 24 years ago on June 19, 1991.  


On the farm...yes, I lived on a dairy farm and
got to ride on the baler while 'Daddy'
was baling hay. It was baled and wire-wrapped.
I think of him often and hear his voice in my mind...
Daddy, me, and Hank, my best
friend's little brother (read 'pest':)
on Red.


"Lynne, that's a lazy man's load"...on carrying too much at a time instead of carrying a small load and going back for another small load.  Still guilty!  I think of it as weight training:)  


Dad was a real Razorback fan.  He is holding
a football signed by the players and Coach Broyles
after they won the
1964 Southwest Conference Championship





















"Lynne, if you ever make a 'D' at the UofA (Arkansas, Fayetteville), you will be coming home."  Well Dad, I never made a D, but never made much over a 'C'.  Yea, I didn't have to go home!

"Lynne, you never need to tell anyone that you have a college degree."  Just be yourself and they will know that you do. Note: a college degree for me was very important to him. He went to the UofA and his name is on the walk in 1933 and mine in 1962.


We came to understand each other!
"Lynne, you and your Mother have conflicts because you are so much alike.  Please give her some slack." (I don't think 'slack' was in his vocabulary. But, I did for the rest of her life:)


He never said he loved me, but I know he did.  I love you, too, Dad!



On this Father's Day-
Your loving daughter and only child,
 Lynne

Photo Gallery:
At 20

At 26

He was proud to be a Mason
and a Shriner
At his Father's funeral ca. 1953
Although we were not a close
family, he always loved it
when he could get with any of his family...'
4 brothers and 3 sisters
L to R Neil, James Earl, Norman, O.E., 

Dad was the oldest...
Rest in Peace
Dad and Mom are at rest in the Garden of Eden
Crestview Cemetery
Hot Springs Arkansas



*Posted every year on Father's Day

2 comments:

  1. I Want to Tell You That Really your article is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! You had a special connection, which never dies! Love from your cousin, Lynne Henderson

    ReplyDelete