About Us

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Walking the Trails Again in 2016...

Hot Springs Village has 15 trails totaling 30 miles for running, walking, hiking, or biking. In 2012 and 2013 we walked all of them.  The weather has been so nice this winter we decided to make a return trip to each of them.  The first on our list was the closest to us and we wanted to see how it fared.  The lake beside the trail had been plagued with an algae type scum and was taking over.  It was not a pretty sight and still is a mess.  It looks as if it has been drained in hopes of killing the algae.  I am hoping it succeeds because it is an interesting trail for birds and plant life. 

 
In fact, my first trip down the trail was a bird walk on a cold March morning around 8:00 am. The Hot Springs Village Audubon Society conducted the tour. I was so cold that all I remember seeing was a cardinal and I could see those in my backyard. Oh and I heard a few tweets and twitters.











Pictures from our walk this year.



Turtles







Trees






Turtles and Trees
Trail's End
Sums it up for this Trail in 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment