About Us

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Explosive Eighteen


Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I do not know how she does it!  Janet Evanovich manages to keep Stephanie Plum and her family and friends involved in interesting stories book after book.  Usually, after eighteen books (she also writes other books in between) most writers have run out of interesting plots.  The books have "I wrote this because my editor wanted another one" air about them.  Not so with Evanovich. I have to admit there were a few that fell short, but very few.  Also, it took me three books to hook me. 


Everyone is there: Morelli, Ranger, Lulu, Connie, Grandma Mazur, her mother and father....and many more! You will wonder about halfway through this book about the significance of the title...just be patient.  You'll love it! 


BTW...


"One For the Money",the movie is to be released in January.  


Kathryn Heigl will play Stephanie Plum, 

Jason O'Mara will play Morelli,

Daniel Sunjata will be Ranger


 Sherri Shepherd is Lulu.  I pictured Lulu as a little bit
more endowed "everywhere".


The biggest casting surprise is Debbie Reynolds for Grandma Mazur.  I can't picture it, but am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  


I usually like a book better than I like the movie (click here see trailer)...we'll see!


If you haven't read the Plum books and see the movie, you will want to read them now.  Be sure and get on the list at your library. I am sure there will be a long waiting list as soon as the move is released.  Those of us that have read them will probably want to read them again.












View all my reviews on Goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment