About Us

Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

The AlchemistThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found several messages for me in this fictional story. First thought: I needed this when I was younger. However, I don't think I would have gotten it. Second thought: "Everyone, when they are young, knows what their Personal Legend is." king of Salem. I must have missed it, because I didn't have a clue when I was young. I was playing with dolls and making mud pies. My earliest memory was when I was three. I have tried to think back and nothing comes up. However, I get it now. I think that I have received 'omens' and have used them to get me to this point in my life. Although I am on the other side of seventy, I think I still have 'omens' to come. Translated for me: 'Personal Legend'-my mission in life; 'Omens'-forks in the road where I have to make a choice that will lead my down a new path. It helps that I recognized them and proactively chose the next path. However, sometimes I didn't recognize the right path and some 'force' sent me down the path that led me to where I am now. I have no regrets. If I have taken another path along the way, I would not be where I am. I am happy.

Important quotes:
The world's greatest lie. "It's this. that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate."

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it."

Thought at the conclusion of the story: Sometimes your 'Personal Legacy' ends where you began, but you won't know it until you have finished your journey through life.
Recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment