About Us

Monday, May 2, 2011

April in San Francisco...sounds like a song!

Vacations are great; coming home is even better! We just got back from a trip to visit our daughter and her husband in San Francisco.  We try to make the trip every other year.


 Before the S.F. visit we made a short jaunt South to see Hearst Castle at San Simeon.  








We stopped at a 
great winery on the way: 
Took a great "Cab" back to S.F.  It was great with pizza one night...






Then, back North where Sherri  and Scott again out did themselves showing us a great time.  The guys played golf at Silverado Golf Club and we shopped in St. Helena.  I over did it...lunch, two wine tastings and coffee at Peet's...I was a real drag when we went to Sausalito to eat at a delightful small, out of the way Italian restaurant.  


Honor of Legion, Fine Arts Museum
The next day I was revived and we went into the city to the of Legion of Honor Fine Art Museum to see the "Pulp Fashion" exhibit....awesome!  
Pulp Fashion Exhibit, all gown made from paper!


The Three Shades
The Kiss
As an added bonus...when we walked in the front door there was a room full of Rodin sculptures.  In fact, "The Thinker" was in the front Courtyard.  






My next wish was fulfilled when we lunched in a popular Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.  We shopped 'til we dropped...


Collage w/squished pennies from
Hearst Castle and Chinatown
...got some great bargains
 and even a "squished penny"






Down day..thank God!  


Easter Sunday with Maggie and Nial...A brunch, egg hunt and ..
playtime for Nial?  Chuck?





Chuck!
Nial Vs.


When Sherri left for a meeting in NY, Scott took over with the "tourist" duty...which involved picking up some great burgers, fries and onion rings.  We watched a movie, "Stone of Destiny" on Netflix before bedtime...an early up at 3:00am to catch our flight from fantasy to reality and our own bed!  
AHHHHHHH! Home Sweet Home!

1 comment:

  1. Oh.my.goodness. I LOVE this post!!! I love San Francisco! I have visited there several times....we would go nearly every year for awhile. But that was another life ago! I DO want to go back...it is on my bucket list! I have been to many of the places YOU have! And I loved seeing the pics and desriptions! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete