About Us

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

50 States in 50 Years No. 1

Mom and Dad and Me
1940 - 2 years old

Where it all began

Shreveport, Louisiana

November, 1939





1942 - 4 years old


My Mom and Dad
and Me in my rabbit fur coat
My first trip to Arkansas
to see my Grandmother Grant
in Russellville

I grew up in the best of times. Doesn't everyone say that? World War II ended and I started the 1st grade at Creswell Elementary.
That's me, 1st row 2nd from the right,
by my forever friend, Carolyn on the end.




Me and my Daddy
on the farm.
(called him Dad when
I got too old for a Daddy:)
We had a farm and I took the bus to school. That lasted about six months. My Mom didn't like to put me on the school bus everyday. In 1946 the only children that rode the bus to school were those that lived on farms. 








1958 Photo

When we moved to town, Mom and Dad had bought a cafe, The Country Kitchen. I would eat breakfast there and then take the trolley to school all by myself.

After the 6th grade I went to Hamilton Terrace Jr. High. All of my friends were going to Broadmoor Jr. High, but our house was out of that district. I had a good time and met made new friends, but I missed by old friends. We were reunited in two years, when we left for the 9th grade at C.E. Byrd High School.
I went to Byrd
for the 9-12 Grades
1955-1958



Senior Picture
In 1958 I graduated from high school and headed to the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I went home to Shreveport for breaks, but ended up staying in Arkansas after I graduated in 1962.

That is the beginning of my travel odyssey of going in and out and through all fifty United States. 





For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
I can now say that I have been in, to, or through all 50 United States.
I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
the 50 States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment