About Us

Friday, October 10, 2014

New York 26 of 50*







My very first visit to the State of New York was in the early '70's.  I went to New York City and attended a Seminar on International Banking at Chase Manhattan Bank...right at the tip of Manhattan.  









I flew in during the day and my first sight of the city was from the airplane.  It took my breath away.  I got the same feeling when I looked over the rim of the Grand Canyon.  Pictures do not do it justice.  New York City should be on every one's 'Bucket List'.  

My next trip to New York was in 2006 to the Naples, New York, in the Finger Lake District. I flew into Rochester to send a few days with three of my lifelong friends.  One of those friends lives there and invited us to come see her. It was a mini-reunion. 


Scenic View 2006

What a great time in a wonderful part of New York State.
Lucky me!  I got to go back to New York in 2013 on our way home from Maine. 
We stayed on night in Schenectady with my cousin and his family.
Now and Then-------

2013-Mac and Me in Schenectady

ca.1955 Mac on left Me on right!

2013 - Same Scenic View

Then, one night with my friend in Naples.  The scenery was just as beautiful as I remember it.  The weather was perfect and the hospitality exceptional. 







Don't know if we'll get back or not.  A Canadian Rail Trip is on our 'Bucket List'.  My Naples friend has said she would take us to the train. We'll see!

*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
the 50 States...Only 22 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment