About Us

Monday, May 12, 2014

North Carolina No. 29 of 50*

Ye Gads!  Has it been 20+ years since we made our trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina via Asheville and Wilmington, North Carolina?  Yes, it has.  It was a great trip.  We toured The Biltmore  Estates in Asheville; spent a night with our cousins in Wilmington on the Outer Banks; and landed in Myrtle Beach for the World Championship Amateur Golf Tournament (but that's another story:)

Then, again maybe I ought to tell the best part of it here since I have already been to South Carolina in my 50 in 50 State Blogs.

I don't remember much about the tournament since that was Chuck's thing.  What I do remember was 'antiquing, better known in my world as 'junkin', while he was 'golfing'.

*There it is on the left
Then, we attended at 'Tournament' function' and Chuck won a cut-crystal vase in a putting contest.  



However, the highlight of the trip and one we always tell when we get a chance is our first trip to an Outback restaurant.  We had an appetizer...a blooming onion...






The brownie
with ice cream
did us in!
Then, we each had an entree and shared at dessert.  After all, we were on vacation. Why not? 



When we got back to our hotel room all we could do was 'moan and moan some more':) 
It was a life changing event. From that point on we agreed to split everything...which we do with some success!

...and that is the rest of the story! 


*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
 I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
 I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
 the 50 States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment