About Us

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tennessee No. 31 of 50*


Tennessee, our neighbor!  Oh, what connections we have!  I don't even know where to start???  

We went to the Peabody Hotel in Memphis before there was ever one in Little Rock.  (I love the Duck Parade; aren't we lucky to have them parade in Arkansas).  We made the two-hour car trip to the Memphis Cook Convention Center to see the Ramses the Great exhibit in 1987; Splendors of the Ottoman Sultans (and The Etruscan exhibit at the Pink Palace) in 1992; and Catherine the Great in 2004.


Lt to Rt: Chuck, Me,
and awesome cousins visiting
First Tee at Williams Creek
!

I have cousins in Knoxville.  
First Tee of Knoxville
at Williams Creek
Coming from SC into TN
into Gatlinburg










Chuck and I visited them and the First Tee in Knoxville when we were coming from South Carolina through Gatlinburg heading to Little Rock.
We stopped to eat, but didn't linger as we had already been there on our way back to Little Rock from Myrtle Beach, SC.  

We have been through Memphis on the way to Florida, Alabama, and Georgia.  I am not counting the times we have flown through Memphis on the way to points West and East.  There is no easy way to get anywhere from Little Rock, Arkansas!

The Hermitage,
Nashville...
When you looked from the
2nd floor balcony,
the lawn was shaped
like a guitar.
 In my first lifetime I went to the Grand Ole Opry in the Ryman Auditorium and at Opryland, the Country Music Hall of Fame and The Hermitage at Nashville, Andrew Jackson's Home.
Elvis' Limo?
Gates into Graceland





Oops...how did I forget???  1970...  Graceland!!!  






Entrance to Home at Graceland
I actually walked up the drive and looked into this Limo... There were no tours because he lived at Graceland.  In hindsight, this was an awesome experience...and I was not an Elvis Fan.  I have come to appreciate his music more as I look back!


Fond memories of Tennessee!





*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
 I can now say that I have been in, to or through all 50 United States.
 I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of
 the 50 States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment