About Us

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Indiana - No. 32 of 50*



Our Indiana destination was French Lick.  Chuck was participating in a golf tournament as a part of the certification for the PGCTA... Professional Golf Coaches and Teachers Association.  We also had friends in Washington and Shoals.  Chuck went to Graduate School at Indiana University in Bloomington. (We still get mail from the Kelley School of Business...he went there over 50 years ago.)

That being said...We headed to Robinson, Illinois, to visit a childhood friend of Chuck's.  Yes, I have already covered Illinois (click here to see Illinois Blog). After a great visit we headed to Indiana.  


Memorial on right is from George Rogers Clark
whose brother was William Clark of the
Lewis and Clark expedition fame
We crossed the State line at Vincennes, Indiana, and headed for French Lick.  






While Chuck played golf, my 'Washington/Shoals' friend and I took a trip to Bloomington.  We had lunch and shopped....I bought a dress that I never wore. (How often does that happen to you?)  We took a quick tour through IU (Indiana University).  It was a good trip...No. 32 is now checked off...31 more to go.  Stay tuned for Nos. 31-1.  You do understand that I am counting backward.  

We did get a chance one day for the four of to have dinner at
Stoll's Lakeview Restaurant. They served a traditional Amish Buffet.
It was excellent!
Back of the postcard I sent to us as a souvenir of the trip!
I don't collect dust catchers...I just send a postcard for my album.
It is fun looking through it to see where we were from year to year!
*For "new to my blog" friends...on May 17, 2010, I visited Wisconsin.
 I can now say that I have been in, to, or through all 50 United States.
 I am committed to make an Artist Trading Card "ATC" for each of

No comments:

Post a Comment