About Us

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Last Bookshop in London

 

I really loved this story. Any story that takes place where books are involved captures my interest. This story takes place during WWII. 

I have read several books that take place during this time. They always gave me a sense of what was happening in London; however, Ms. Martin takes it a step further. 

She gave me a sense of how the normal everyday citizen lived and reacted on a personal level, leaving me in tears a lot of times. I felt as if I was walking in Grace Bennett's shoes, walking right along with her as she affected the lives of her mentor, Mr. Evans; her friend, Viv; her landlady, Mrs. Weatherford; her ARP night watch leader, Mr. Stokes; and her love interest, George. 

Highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment